DAUGHTER

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One more step closer...

Tim and I had our homestudy update visit last night! Our social worker's name is Jo, and it sounds like she will also do the 6 and 12 month post placement visits when Isabella comes home. The visit was pretty short - we answered some questions about the home, and then she walked around all the rooms. Unfortunately, we had to show her our room of unpacked and miscellaneous junk, which is the "guest room". She did say that she liked the nursery colors, which was nice to hear, but perhaps she was just being polite?

Jo said that she should have the HS update to me by the beginning of next week. I will then send it to the Boston USCIS office, along with a letter of explanation, and then hopefully we will finally get the coveted I-171H INS approval. I also need to take some pictures of this home to include in the dossier. I just emailed our adoption agency to make sure that, other than those two items, our ducks are in a row. As soon as the I-171H comes in, I want the dossier to be whisked off for authentication, and then to China! Truth be told, I am a bit paranoid at this stage in the game.

In other news ...
Isabella got another present! Our friends Andy and Nicole (see their picture posted on 6/4) were mortified after seeing the skull dress Tim bought Isabella (see this posted on 8/1), and bought her the cutest lilac gingham dress, which has a great little hat. And it's sized 24 months, which is good because most of the clothes we've gotten or have been given are in the 6-12 month range, so this will fit her during her second summer with us, or maybe during her first if she's older or a larger baby. This kid is going to be stylin'. Andy and Nicole also bought me some Caswell-Massey soaps! We are very blessed with generous friends. Andy and Nicole are expecting a baby in February, and I cannot wait to spoil their little one. Andy is suggesting the name "Nigel" or "Horace" for a boy, but I am pretty sure Nicole won't let hm get away with that craziness!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Yay! Congrats. Hope the rest of your paperwork goes smoothly and speedy so you can start the "waiting process" (FYI: 1 month waiting (LID 8-11) and it is a very nerve racking time, just trying to get through the other 5 or 6 mths w/o going crazy!!!!)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that Boston USCIS speeds you through the process and that very soon you will be dtc. I especially can't wait to see Isabella in her cool skull dress!

Thanks for all the sweet notes on my blog.

Lisa~~
Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

3:53 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Hi Tammy,
I am happy to read that things are moving along. You posted a question regarding baby class to my blog. We went through ODS in Holliston, MA. A link to their website is on the CAWLI site. The class is baby care for first time adoptive parents. It was very good. They show you how to do stuff like change a diaper, bathe a baby, etc. They also review many of the items available to buy. It really helped me. I found that I would walk in to Babies R Us and feel completely numb by all of the products available for sale. Now that I have gone to that class, I don't feel like a so overwhelmed.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home