DAUGHTER

Friday, August 05, 2005

PASD?

I think I have a disorder, which I have decided to call Pre-Adoption Stress Disorder (PASD). I am pretty obsessed with this INS I-171H approval form right now. There's a woman I've chatted with on the adoption listservs...she is also using the Northern VA/DC USCIS field office and was fingerprinted on the same day as Tim and me. We've promised to email each other immediately if we get the form. Someone was fingerprinted on 6/11 and received their form on 7/23, so by that timetable since we were printed on 6/25, we should receive our form tomorrow. God, I hope so.

I've also looked up the phone number of my Congressman (Moran), who is a Democrat. I am really glad I registered to vote in VA, because many people end up getting their congressperson involved when they find their field USCIS offices to be unresponsive. I am hoping it doesn't come to that. But if I don't get it this weekend, I am going to take the advice of my fellow Fall River, MA native Emeril LaGasse and "kick it up a notch"!

Now, you would think that moving from VA to MA in 12 days would help me forget about my PASD symptoms, but you'd be wrong! Somehow packing up my scads of precious possessions (which Tim incorrectly, callously terms "junk") does not compare to thinking about Isabella. "Thinking" isn't even the right word. "Aching" is better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Hi! I found your blog on Baby Shanahan's. Good luck on the adoption of Isabella (i love that name). My family is DTC 7/25/05 for our china doll Chloe! I am going to add you to my blogroll!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home