DAUGHTER

Thursday, September 08, 2005

No new news...but new things!

This past weekend, Tim and I began painting Isabella's nursery. It was remarkable peaceful, i.e., we are both still alive and actually speaking to each other! This weekend we will finish it up. The walls are what Tim calls a "honey dijon" color and Benjamin Moore calls "straw". I'll call them kind of a golden yellow color. The trim is a color Benjamin Moore calls "Soft Satin". It's an odd color ... a kind of beige/light pink. I wanted the nursery to be pretty neutral in color, so that it would work with both of Bella's bedding sets. We'll see! When we are done, I'll take some pictures and post. Unfortunately, our digital camera is not working well these days.

Classes at the University started this week, so I am back in the classroom, teaching two microeconomics classes and one statistics class. I had lunch with my friend Chris Bobel yesterday. Chris teaches women's studies and just returned from a summer in Germany. She is also the author of a book called "The Paradox of Natural Mothering".

Chris is a mom to Gracie and Zoe. Very precious girls. Chris bought Isabella some things from Germany...a pair of funky pink striped tights and a collection of ocean themed wooden toys! Very cute!!!

"Babywearing", or carrying your baby next to your body in a carrier that ties to your body in some way, is strongly recommended for children in general, and previously institutionalized adopted children in particular. I have just ordered my first carrier, a mei tai, which is a traditional Asian Baby Carrier. I ordered it at Angel Baby: www.angelbabyslings.com. So get this, I check out the fabrics (they are beautiful, by the way), and I see one called "Bella". Well, that was it! Here's a clip of the fabric:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I can't wait until it comes in! Perhaps I can convince Buca or Indie to let me test drive it on them!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home