DAUGHTER

Sunday, August 14, 2005

An update

Now that I am a slightly calmer state, I will give you an update on our I-171H status. After talking with our adoption agency CAWLI, I learned two things One, CAWLI has never heard of something like this happening before and two, there isn't much either CAWLI or we can do. CAWLI was very sympathetic, and helpful in where to go from here.

Our file has been forwarded to the Boston USCIS office. We will get a homestudy update as soon as possible after moving to Boston - the earliest appointment would be the week of August 29th. We also have to re-do our police and child abuse background checks. Once all of that is complete, our homestudy update will be sent to the Boston USCIS office, and hopefully, we will get our I-171H approval shortly after that. There will be at least a one month delay, maybe two or three, depending on how fast the I-171H gets issued once the homestudy update is complete.

On August 10th, an INS approval was mailed out for a family in VA that got fingerprinted in the same office, on the same day, as us. I guess they aren't moving. I am happy for them, but sad for us.

I've decided to stop trying to predict when we will bring Isabella home. All I can say with any degree of confidence is that it will be in 2006.

We are hanging in there, and trying to keep on eyes on becoming parents of a beautiful daughter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I am sooo sorry for the delay. The only advise I have for you is patience. Everything will work itself out and all that matters is that at the end of all of this you will have Isabella to hold.
DTC 7/25/05 for Chloe Madison Jones

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Keep your chin up and as they say (and you seem to be doing) keep your "eye on the prize". It will all be worth every hassle when Isabella comes home forever! If you need any support, feel free to give me a buzz. I'll be happy to let you vent any time you need to!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Tammy,
When I read this I was very sad for you. That just stinks. Just keep chanting...2006, 2006, 2006

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home