DAUGHTER

Thursday, August 11, 2005

A big blow from USCIS

Yesterday I spent the day hoping I would get a birthday present of the I-171H in our mailbox. Today I got very bad news...

Our homestudy was received the NoVA/Washington DC field office on 6/20, and we were fingerprinted on 6/25. We have been eagerly awaiting our I-171H, since our dossier is complete with the exception of the INS approval.

However, we are also moving to a new home we have purchased in MA, and our move is on 8/17. I have been on a fellowship at the US EPA for a year, but we have continued to be employed by our normal employers, all of which was explained in the HS. We were fully aware that we needed a homestudy update and a form needed to be filed with Boston USCIS, but CAWLI told us that as long as we did that before we traveled, we would be OK. Our homestudy agency in VA, the Datz Foundation, agreed with that.

I just received a call from Officer Perez from the NoVA/DC USCIS field office. She says that we cannot receive our I-171H from that office because we are moving. She said she was going to forward our file to the Boston USCIS, and we would have to do our homestudy update first (which we plan to do with CAWLI), sent that to Boston UCSIS, and then we would get out I-171H at some point.

What angers me is that they've had our file for 6+ weeks and it says that we were planning to move right in the file! In April, they were running about 20-25 days between fingerprinting and receipt of the I-171H form. Officer Perez said that if we were going to be around for another two months she could send it.

I am devastated. We had so hoped to be DTC by August or September.

I have written to CAWLI asking what I should do.

Sometimes it's really hard to keep the faith.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Tammy,
My heart goes out to you! I know this is really hard, and I wish I had some words of wisdom to make the time fly by or this bump in the road easier. I can however be a great listner so if you need an ear to bend send me an email. It will happen, it really will!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I am sooo sorry to hear the bad news. I know it is frustrating but everything will work out for the better!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

OMG, you poor thing. Can CAWLI step in on your behalf? I know when our I-171H was held up, our agency had a contact person at USCIS, and made a call, and got things moving on our behalf. I wish that I could tell you something positive to make things happen quickly for you. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that this all gets sorted out quickly for you.

Lisa~~
Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home