DAUGHTER

Monday, August 08, 2005

No I-171H on Saturday

Tim and I were really hoping to get our I-171H on Saturday ... this would have made sense since a family who was printed at our USCIS field office on 6/11 received their form on 7/23. But it was not to be for us ... I brought up the mail and said to Tim "Guess what's NOT in the mail?" Things don't always make "sense" when we most want them to.

This part of the process has been very hard...and there's not a whole heck of a lot we can do about it. Tim is anxious for the form as well, but also focused quite a bit on work and on the new house. I have a harder time focusing on much else besides the adoption, and I sometimes feel pretty alone. I think it's because wanting to be a parent is one of the few things I've ever been certain about. And somewhere, in the core of my heart, I sometimes fear that it won't really happen.

This baby is the first thing I think about when I wake up, and what I am thinking about when I go to sleep at night. And I dream about her, as I've read many pre-adoptive parents do. Maybe I am normal for a pre-adoptive mom, but it is still a bit scary!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sparky said...

It's going to happen, Tammy. It will. I feel your pain about that dang form. I felt so powerless waiting for it. It's coming soon, I know it. Hang in there.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I know that I am not going to be Chloe's mom but from the first day we started the process she has been the number one thing in my life and I have dreamt about her for sooo many nights, and now that we are DTC it is like my dream is coming true, and it will for you!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, it will happen. It's only a matter of time, and if it helps, just think that there is a reason for this delay... your baby must not be paper ready quite yet. You will take home the baby who is meant for you, and the powers that be are just biding time until she is ready for you!

Darin

10:50 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Tammy,
I hope it helps to know that someone is sitting in the boat with you. I know that does not make the wait go faster or take away the longing but maybe sharing the heart felt pangs with another mother longing to be one step closer to that beautiful child will help. I promise I am rowing that boat as hard and fast as I can in my dreams to get us closer to that I 171-H so next time I dream it I will make sure to save a seat for you -k-! Remeber that every day is one day closer weather it feels like it or not.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA said...

Tammy,
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only person obsessed with my adoption. I too, can think of little else, and sometimes I feel so agitated at having "regular life" distract me from the only thing that really has my interest right now! Is there anything more powerful than the desire to be a mom?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home