DAUGHTER

Thursday, September 01, 2005

An appointment for the HS update!!!

We have finally connected with the social worker that will do our homestudy update! The appointment is for September 12, at 6pm. Hurray!!! Maybe we can still be October DTC...a few weeks to get the USCIS/INS approval from the Boston office, and a few weeks for authentication of our dossier. We would likely then get a referral at the end of April or May. There I go speculating again. Bad Tammy. I am really hoping to have most of the summer with Isabella though...since I am going on leave for the Fall 2006 semester, I am hoping for a good six months at home with Baby Bella. Sometimes Tim and I buy these pre-sliced portabella mushrooms from the grocery store that say "Baby Bella" on them, and I always point that out to him and laugh.

The funny thing is that in our new neighborhood, there is a pitbull named Bella living right across the street! She seems NONE too friendly, but I think she's just sick and tired of being tied up outside most of the day. I always say "It's OK, Bella", whenever I walk our monsters, Indie and Buca. Speaking of Buca, he has this none too adorable new habit in this new house...he runs up the stairs in the morning, jumps on the bed, and wakes me up by licking my face and sticking his tongue in my mouth. Next week, when classes start, and I'm up first, I will be curious to see how much Tim likes it, assuming Buca does the same to him.

To celebrate this tiny step of actually having an appt. for the HS update, I ordered this panda scroll from www.chinasprout.com. We will hang it in isabella's nursery.



They have the neatest things, and will even let you save a wish list. I love the scroll!

So I told Tim we should try to have the nursery painted for our HS update appointment. Of course, it's not required or necessary, but it's good to have goals! Plus, I'd like to put out Isabella's books and the Sonya Lee doll.

Work continues on the attic/my office space to be. It looks very nice, and I can't wait to get set up there.

Last night our friends John and Sumeet, who live one street over, came over for dinner...which was nice and relaxing. Tim and I needed that! John and Sumeet are expecting a baby in November, and we are very excited about that.

Well, that's all for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

That is great news!! I am so happy for you, I know you have been really worried and stressed about it. Just think you are going to be DTC before you know it. Love the scroll too.... SOOOO CUTE!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Wonderful news!! It is so comforting to know that you have a homesudy appt. Closer and closer to being DTC. Love the scroll, it is adorable!!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home