DAUGHTER

Sunday, September 11, 2005

A busy, busy weekend!

Tim and I finished painting Isabella's nursery on Saturday, although we still have a bit of touch up work to do. It felt so good to put her things in there! My dear friend Carla will soon help me put up a border, and of course, we need baby furniture. But her closet has her little outfits in it. There are books on her bookshelves, and her stuffed animals and Sonya Lee doll are also on her shelves. She has a stuffed Bichon Frise puppy, an "Indie", and a stuffed schnauzer puppy, a "Buca". I also hung up her panda scroll. Now all I need is my dear Isabella!

Tomorrow we have our homestudy update visit, so today we tried to really straighten things up. Tim said I was in "overdrive" and stressing him out. On this coming Friday, we will have been in the house a month, and I always want things to be done NOW. It's quite a bad trait of mine. We unpacked some more boxes, and assembled a copper cookware stand we have bought. I dusted and vacuumed, Tim did groceries. Tonight we will bathe the dogs. The house, with the exception of the "guest room" where all unpacked, unorganized items reside, looks nice, cozy, comfortable. I know that, but I guess I feel like there is so much I don't know. How long will it take to write the home study update? How long to get the I-171H from the Boston office? Will some of our paperwork expire? When we will finally be DTC? Has our daughter been born yet? If so, is she being taken care of? Does she know love?

I feel very emotional these days. I kept walking into the nursery over and over again last night. Sometimes I feel silly. We still have a long road ahead of us, and a lot could go wrong.

Little things seem big. For example, the trim color in the nursery came out differently than I had hoped. I wanted a feminine, restful beige, but when the overhead light is on, it looks more pink than I would like. Tim doesn't like it, although he does love the color of the walls, as do I. I cried because I very much want all to be just so for her and I want to feel proud ... like I've done my very best to give her a beautiful home and a beautiful life. I hate overhead lights anyway, and would probably never use the overhead, but its effect on the nursery bothered me. I do think the trim color will do a good job of pulling in the colors of her bedding sets and the border though, so we'll see. Maybe I'll get a grip!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job in getting everything set, not only for the home study visit, but for Isabella and yourselves. Try not to stress too much about trim color, Isabella will LOVE it, even a little too pink. Can't wait to see some pics!

Lisa~~
Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home