DAUGHTER

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Maybe this is the last Tuesday before I become a mom.

I hope so. Those referrals better hurry up and get here. I am not sure I can last another week. Well, yeah, I could. I have to. But I don't wanna!

I am very mature.

I wanted to respond to a few of the comments. Yes, the baby fairies are wonderful. With all the help we've gotten from Carla, Cheryl & Bruce, LaSalette & John, and my MIW/RLM posse (Sparky & Bob, Anne & Marty, Lisa & Rich), we sort of feel like we have our own personal adoption trip & baby preparation team. Seriously. Items borrowed to date, in addition to the clothes and shoes: Baby B'Air, Hip Hammock, Inflatable Tub, Passport and ID holders, Jumperoo, Walker, Bottle Warmer, Backback on wheels (to be used as a carry on and diaper back). And I am sure I am forgetting something. It's AMAZING. People are so excited for us, which is especially touching when many of them have recently arrived home with their own beautiful children. Our friends rock. Period.

Regarding the giraffe decorative pillow and the letters pictured below: Those of you that know me in real life know that I don't MAKE anything. I am hopelessly non-crafty. SK & I are the first ones to admit that we have no real skills.

The pillow I got at Babies R' Us, and I think I bought that well over a year ago when we were shopping for a shower gift for LaSalette and John. It goes with the "theme" of Isabella's nursery, which is the discontinued John Lennon "Real Love" collection from Carters...it has all kinds of whimsical looking animals like giraffes, elephants, rhinos, etc. The letters that spell out Bella's name I bought from Ebay. They are actually made of the same material that the JL Real Love Collection is made from (click on the picture with the letters to get an enlarged view). You can order the letters in a variety of fabrics from this lady. I was very pleased with them overall, although I wish the "B" looked a little better. The seller is easy to deal with, and she had them done very quickly. They are a nice alternative to the very common wooden letters, but I must warn you that they take up a lot more wall space. It's a good thing I cheaped out and didn't order the "I", "S", and "A"!

Ok, back to pretending to be productive at work.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Snowflowers Mum said...

oooh, I hope you get your referral soon. The wait has been far far too long!

Hayley
lurker
Mum to Piper
waiting for Paisley

12:31 AM  
Blogger mom of 3 so far said...

I know I've said this before but you have been a mom for almost 2 years now, you just didn't know who your daughter was! You have worried about her, shopped for her, prayed for her, all the things moms do! However, you are right, this will be the last tuesday,last wednesday, and maybe last thursday until you actually SEE who this child that you have called your own actually is! I am so excited for you guys that this rollercoaster ride is about to finally end and you can finally jump on the next ride!!!!
Dawn

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home