DAUGHTER

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

20 Months.

This is the 20th month anniversary of our log in date. Is it the final anniversary before referral? God, I hope so. Please, please, please.

Let's see: an update of SK's karate class. He hasn't gone yet. So I have nothing fun and embarrassing to report. I think he is going to start next Monday instead.
I am hoping to find someone that can sneak in with a video camera. In all seriousness, I am proud of SK for starting this. He says that he doesn't want to rival me in breast size, and I wholeheartedly support that goal. Let's face it, women: we don't want our men to weigh less than we do, be prettier than we are, or have bigger breasts than we do. I don't have the self-confidence for any of that.

We have started a dog training class on Tuesday evenings. Let's just say both our dogs need some work. Specifically, they need to learn to stop jumping up and going into a wild barking frenzy when people arrive at our home. So, we are starting with mini-schnauzer Buca, in a class taught by this woman. I have to admit I am kind of crushin' on her. She's very good at what she does, with a funny, strong personality. But I digress. So, Buca is in this class with maybe 5-6 other dogs. And he is the star of the class! The instructor actually said "Buca is a little more advanced than the rest of the dogs". I nearly passed out. Those of you that have actually interacted with Buca in real life know why. This is a dog that jumped on our dear friend Carla so much one day that he actually pulled her pants down. I wish I were making this up. Carla no longer wears drawstring pants to our home. Clearly, Buca must be crushin' on this instructor as well, as he refuses to reveal his evil true self.

I have been thinking about what you all have been saying regarding needing strength for the baby. I also know that I am about 20 pounds heavier than I should be and some days I feel like I look like a human bowling ball. Not a good feeling, although I am all for man-made bowling balls. I happen to own my very own purple one, with sparkles. But again, I digress.

I am determined to get in better shape. A healthy lifestyle is something I'd like to model for Isabella. I've always struggled with my weight, and it seems the only way I can stay at a size 6 is to A.) Run 4 miles a day and do Nautilus 4 times per week, or B.) Get a divorce.

Seriously, divorce is the best diet plan I've ever been on. If you are such despair that you never sleep, and go at 90 mph all day long to hold off your grief, then DAMN...those pounds really come off! However, Option B is out because I actually really enjoy being SK's wife. Option A is unrealistic for every day...I managed it when in graduate school, but that was to avoid writing my dissertation. Nonetheless, I am going to make a more serious effort. I am happy to report that yesterday SK did the grocery shopping so that I could go to the gym. I ran, I walked at a steep incline (practice for the Great Wall), and I did the full Nautilus circuit. Listen to me roar!

Finally, I want to thank you all for some great comments. I often try to respond personally, but some of you have profiles that do not link to either a blog or an email. The commenter I am most curious about is Galen. I have a friend whose middle name is Galen, so I thought that was him, but it turns out that this is not the case. Very, very funny comments. If you are so inclined, email me at crazyredheadedwoman@gmail.com.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

Long time reader of your blog, first time commenter. We are a waiting family as well with a LID of 1/5/2006, just a bit behind you. Keeping our fingers crossed that you will be in the next batch of referrals.

Steve and Jen

8:59 AM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Funny, I posted about this samething on my blog. It is hard to loose weight and harder still to look in the mirror everyday knowing you have to do something about it and you keep putting it off. I think what you are about to do is great both for your health and for the baby. Please, just don't divorce, it is not a good idea to be dealing with your dog and a baby alone. :-)

Yoli

2:52 PM  
Blogger Galen said...

Divorce strips you of a lot of things, weight being one. Now that I think about it, relatively speaking, going to the gym no longer seems as punitive.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home