DAUGHTER

Monday, July 16, 2007

Cautious.

After all this waiting, you would think I would be frantically checking the Rumour Queen all day. But I am not there yet. I think, after all this waiting, I don't quite believe we are going to actually get a referral in this next batch, even though we have every reason to be optimistic. SK and I have talked about this; for some reason we both feel like we might get the rug pulled out from under us at the last minute. It's almost like we are afraid to get too excited...SK keeps saying "I'll believe it when I see it". My heart is so fragile that I think I've bubble-wrapped it.

I can't believe that in four weeks or less, we may be handed a picture of a child that is OUR DAUGHTER. I am dying to see her face. I know in that moment, everything will change. But I am still afraid that moment will never happen.

Nonetheless, we are preparing. Not in a Cheryl and Bruce kind of way, but in a Tim and Tammy kind of way, which means tiny little bits of preparation here and there.
I have purchased the rubber pants, which everyone advises in case of "blow outs" on the flight home. Ugh. I am cringing at the thought. I've asked my friends Sparky and Anne for copies of their packing lists, which they have graciously given me. I made a spreadsheet for our own packing list and have been adding items here and there. I am re-reading our agency's referral and travel packet.

SK starts a karate class tonight. Ha! I predict he either gets carried out of the dojo on a stretcher or is unable to get out of bed tomorrow morning. For some reason, he won't allow me to go watch his class.

The great paint scraping project continues, with several hours logged yesterday.
Ugh, ugh, UGH. I keep telling myself it will look so much better when it is all done. Yeah, right.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger SchnauzerKing said...

SK believes the other students and the instructor will be carried out on stretchers!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are cautious about this month being THE month. Who could blame you? I really do think this is it. It is all I can think about lately. I'm refreshing RQ's blog like a crazy person on your behalf.

1:09 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

I haven't commented in a while but check in when I can... I am so very excited for you guys. The days are being marked off the calendar,one at a time. After all this waiting, it's amazing to me it's suddenly upon you!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely understand you guarding your heart, its been so long but its all good from here on.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What an exciting time for you!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I give you two weeks before you start checking RQ...I know you don't want to get on the rollercoaster but I don't think you will be able to help yourself.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Galen said...

Admirable self-confidence, SK! The practice of paint-related drudgery persists because it produces worth-it results. It is depressing and disgusting; however, you won't regret it.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home