DAUGHTER

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rant of the day.

Many of you know that my brother, who is two years younger than me, is a victim of the Station Nightclub Fire in Rhode Island. The fire resulted from the use of pyrotechnics in an overcrowded club that was insulated with a cheap flammable foam. Fortunately, my brother survived, but not wihout being intubated, having a feeding tube, a later trachetomy, and of course, skin grafts. Not without being in a coma and waking up to discover that one of the three people he was with had died.

I've always viewed the fire as the result of a series of mistakes by different people (Great White-the band, the club owners, the fire inspector, etc.) that collided in this one horrific incident that killed 100 people and injured over 200.

You figure that we should learn, right? But today, on my way to work, I hear that two people were hospitalized when pyrotechnics at a Beyonce concert got out of control. Makes me crazy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I did not know this but I can understand your frustration!!!!

Hope you are doing well

12:36 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your brother. I also knew someone in the fire and she survived but her finacee was killed in the fire. It was a horrific fire and the images will never leave my head. I am so sorry that your family had to go through this.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

I agree with your rant whole heartedly. I'm so sorry for your brother and the pain that has spread to you as well because of the pain he is suffering. Of course, being from Rhode Island originally, I hear about the fire in detail, but never knew anyone in it or related to anyone who suffered because of it. My heart goes out to all of you...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home