DAUGHTER

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The demise of one of my favorite things.

Today is a sad day. I was making an effort to clean up my home office. Trust me, if you were able to actually see my home office, you'd understand the Herculean effort such a goal involves. But I digress. I was leaning over, wiping something down, when I stood up and knocked over my Andy Sipowicz snow globe. This snow globe was made for me by my friend Eileen Keegan, who gave it to me when I finished graduate school in 1999 and took my first college level teaching position. It easily ranks in the top 20 of my favorite personal possessions. I sense an impending NYPD Blue DVD marathon to cope with my grief. You gotta love a man who is deeply flawed, but continues to struggle to become a better man. And now, a moment of silence for the snow globe.

Ok. In other news, referrals should arrive in the next 10 days or so, and rumor has it that a family with a log in date of 11/18/2005(the same as ours)has been told they will not make this batch. Not a big surprise. Last month I had resigned myself to an August referral and so I am not distressed by this rumor. I am much more upset about the snow globe incident. Also, Scott O. asked in a comment what the first character in the Chinese wall hanging pictured in an earlier post is...the characters are Peace,Love, Happiness.

And finally, if you live in the South of Boston area, and you want to get fat, go here. Yum.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Yup, I am also getting fat at CR! Love that place. FYI, if there is a long line go inside and buy some milk and you can order your ice cream inside, much faster!. Looks like August is your month, that is only about 5 weeks away!!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roll on August!!!!!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Yeah so you are the batch after next!
Then in about a weeks time you can then say I AM NEXT!!!!


PS sorry about your snow globe.

7:34 AM  
Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Depending on the damage it may be possible ( albeit labor intensive) to repair the snow globe.

If you still have the inside figurines and are interested email me and I will give you a step by step.

LDBM2003@yahoo.com

8:48 PM  
Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...

PS, if you can post pictures of what pieces are left it would help.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home