DAUGHTER

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day weekend.

I am sitting here, not wanting to grade a batch of final exams. So not wanting to grade. So, instead, I'll talk about the weekend.

- Gorgeous weather here in New England. Absolutely stellar.

- Yard work. Tim and I did some on Saturday, and then on Sunday slavedriver Carla came to spur us on. We have pulled up most of our Skelatore trees. We have freshly mulched beds. We have our whiskey barrels planted. Tomatoes and basil planted. Our patio set is out. Amazing! Did I mention Carla showed up?

- On Saturday Tim and I discovered a great dog park. Stoddard's Nek in Hingham. Dogs can run off-leash and it's surrounded by water on three sides, so they can also take a dip. I got knocked right off my feet by a dog, and then run over by two more and have the bruises to show for it. But, it was great fun!







- The referral situation. I am strangely calm. I expect referrals will come in the next week, and we will not make the cut-off. But I do expect that we will see CCAA get far enough into November that we can be confident of a referral in the beginning of July. Again, I am strangely realxed and optimistic (well, except for this grading exam business). It must be sunstroke.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Can't say I blame you for putting off the grading with the weather we are having this weekend. Is still need to do lesson plans for this week!!!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hopefully you make it.. If not you will get it next month.. I will hope and pray for you.. I have realy enjoyed reading your blog and I will be sad when you switch over.. Have a GREAT week..
Kim

11:36 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

After the grading, lots of fun is in order, maybe even some Bella shopping. (Check out Heather's Lanterns and Lotus Blossums site. She's recently posted photos of beautiful little girl's outfits and links to kids' clothing sites.)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Looks like you had a great weekend.
Now we just have to get to the bottom of all the referral rumours!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home