DAUGHTER

Monday, May 21, 2007

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

As you know if you've been reading this blog, SchnauzerKing and I are not far away from receiving a referral for our first child, to be called Isabella.

We do not expect to receive a referral in early June...we are thinking early July. Nonetheless, I think we've both begun to think about having a daughter and protecting that daughter in a more concrete way. Therefore, we will no longer have a public blog once our adoption is complete. I haven't decided if the MAA will end with our referral or with our trip to China, but it will be ending in the next few months. Our life will be about raising our daughter and that will be the real adventure.

I will be starting a new blog over on Typepad (this will be a separate blog from my personal, pwp "Finding Family" blog on Typepad). The new blog will be password protected and devoted completely to Bella. So there won't be any rants about my career, chatter about what I am reading, gushing about dogs or any of that. I'll keep all that stuff on "Finding Family" and the new blog will be all about our girl.

I have mixed feelings about this, because I feel like I know some of you that I have never met. But the reality is that I don't. And site meters can only tell me so much about who's reading the MAA. I am not willing to take unnecessary chances. And I don't think it's fair to expose my daughter to whomever has Internet access.

We have set up an email address to handle the conversion. If you want the URL and password for the new blog, send an email to tammytimisabella@yahoo.com. When the new blog is up and running (either post-referral or post-China), I'll be sending out the information to the people we choose to share the new blog with (this information will be sent sometime between July and September). If I don't respond positively to your request, please don't take it personally. We are simply trying to walk the line between staying in touch with family and friends, and keeping our daughter's life reasonably safe and private. I'll have another post closer to shutdown time reminding people of the email address. In the meantime, this blog will go on, at a minimum, until we receive our referral, and at a maximum, until we return home from China.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I can understand this, I too have been thinking the same thing.
Will be checking in with you till you switch!

8:33 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

I totally understand too and hope you'll allow me access, but also understand if you don't! Hope we at least get to see her face! : o )

9:38 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Dude! I'm in right?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Of course we understand and I too hope to at least see her referal picture. This is a very exciting time for you and your husband and also very private. Though I post about Salome in her blog I have never shown a picture of Gotcha Day. To me it was so personal that I will let her share it when she is grown up. I do enjoy posting photos of her now with all of the cute stuff she does. I do plan to stop blogging a year after her little sister gets here. Well, enough babbling. Thank you for posting on my blog, I have enjoyed your blog. If you feel I can be privy to your new one then I am honored and if not, I totally understand. Good luck and get ready for the most wonderful adventure in the world.

Yoli

7:42 AM  
Blogger Stinky Mouse said...

I hope your wait to referral is shorter than you anticipate, and that I might be able to continue reading your blog.

All the best!
-Scott O
The Adventure's of Chou Chou Shu (Stinky Mouse)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home