DAUGHTER

Monday, April 30, 2007

The latest.

Referrals are expected soon and the rumor is that the cut-off date is November 1, 2005. This would leave 13 days of LIDs between us and a referral. I am not even going to try and predict when we might receive a referral, since in my wildest dreams I did not imagine the possibility that we would not travel to China this summer.

There is not much to do but live with it. This has been a surreal experience...counting down to a date that keeps getting pushed out. Life in limbo.
I think of myself as pretty tough, and regardless of whether that's true or not, I am not a stranger to heartache. But this is different somehow. The wait has gotten to a point that I feel like it chips off a piece of me everyday.

On another adoption-related note, a friend of ours visited us this weekend. Not a close friend, but someone who would probably be regarded as educated, liberal, etc.

Him: Did you order a boy or a girl?
Me: We requested a girl.
He grins, cognizant of my different word choice, and says "Did you put your Visa down?"

Somedays I am convinced I am surrounded by idiots.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When you get your referral, you'll find that some of those pieces that you lost grow back. When you hold your child in your arms, they all grow back and you are filled with a love you've never imagined. At least that was the case for me, and I hope for you.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

It's not long now things are moving along..hold on.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idiot???? Try Jack Ass!!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger mom of 3 so far said...

Ok, I'm not even going to address how completly insane/rude/stupid that person was. (ok so I couldn't help myself)

But as for the first part of your post, if it is true that they have atleast gotten to Nov, you have got to feel atleast a little better. It may be only a few days closer than before but to say that they have started Nov LIDs is a HUGE plus!! It IS going to happen, you WILL travel this summer, and you WILL feel whole and then some very soon!!!
Hugs until then,
Dawn

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home