DAUGHTER

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Soul Patrol!

I am sick today, so not in the mood for a long post. I did want to mention, however, that the Taylor Hicks show at Boston's Avalon on Tuesday was amazing!!! Let me end the suspense: He did not sing "Do I Make You Proud".

I was so happy to see that Taylor is just like he was on AI...he goes out there and just does what he wants. The guy loves what he does, and you've gotta love a guy with passion. He did some serious wailing on the harmonica. He has an unbelievable amount of energy, and has to be in fantastic shape. Seriously, I would have died of a heart attack about 1/10th of the way through the show. He sang some songs from his very first CD, Under the Radar. He also sang several songs from his first CD after the Idol win..."Just to Feel that Way", "The Runaround", "Wherever I Lay My Hat", and "Dream Myself Awake". He covered Rod's "Young Turks". One thing he did, which I loved, was to mix up bits of songs like "Let's Get It On" and Willie Nelson's "Night Life" and "Whiskey River". Awesome. For an encore, he came out wearing a Sox jersey. This was necessary because both the button-down shirt and sports jacket he had on earlier were completely soaked with sweat. It was a terrific, terrific show, and I'd go to see him again in a heartbeat. And in spite of how Schnauzer King will try to spin this as something he did to be a good hubs, he loved the show as well. Part of that had to do with the opening performer.

Toby Lightman opened for Taylor, and she was excellent. I love to see a girl rocking out on a guitar. Seriously, check her out. Great bluesy, folk rock sounds, great band, great lyrics. I'll be buying or downloading (LEGALLY, folks) her CD, and you should too. SchnauzerKing thought she was a babe, and I can't argue with that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Thanks for coming over to visit, I hope you are feeling better.
Someone emailed me to tell me referrals have actually been mailed. See I couldn't even avoid the RQ stuff even though I didn't visit the site!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOVE Taylor. Glad it was a good show.

10/26 cutoff. Great.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home