DAUGHTER

Monday, March 19, 2007

16 very long months, a crib and a pirate.

I am writing to you from my lovely local Subaru dealership, as my sun roof has decided it no longer wants to completely close. This means ice and snow get to melt in my Forester's hatch. Yahoo!

Yesterday was our 16 month LID anniversary. I wish I could say it's flown by, but it hasn't. I am hoping hoping hoping we don't reach a 19 month LID anniversary before getting our referral.

We did have a very exciting weekend at our place with our crib assembly party. Yes, folks, there is an actual crib assembled in Bella's nursery right now, thanks to Carla, Cheryl and Bruce, LaSalette and John, Sumeet and John, and Willie and Catherine. I love the crib, and it's both strange and wonderful seeing it in that room.

Somehow, Willie seemed surprised that Tim did not have the crib completely out of the box when they arrived. I am not sure why, given that Tim had already instructed both Willie and Bruce to bring their tools. Being much more aware of where our kitchen utensils are than where our tools are, Tim did make some yummy gourmet pizzas, which we all enjoyed.

The "men" put the crib together, but we suspect 4 year old Oscar was the true mastermind. He barred all girls from entering the nursery. The ladies laughed at the men, took pictures, and played with Mya (1), Emma (2), and Aman (1). Cheryl also bought along some rice cereal, size 2 diapers, and a lovely giraffe "crib warming" toy for Bella. LaSalette bought her Hip Hammock for us to use in China, along with a Mandarin-English phrase book. Have I mentioned how we have these incredibly generous, kind friends? Tim and I are absolutely convinced that their participation in assembling the crib has saved us from a divorce. I am not sure how we managed to be blessed with such friends, but we sure know we are.

On Sunday morning Tim and I went with Willie and Catherine, who were both born in Ireland, and their son Oscar, to an Irish pub in Brookline for brunch. There was traditional Irish music and food. And I found out what black and white pudding is. Hmmmm. I am holding off on any adventurous food choices until China. Willie asked Mr. "I like to pretend I'm really Irish" Tim where his family was from. Tim didn't know. On the other hand, I actually knew where my Irish folk hail from (County Mayo) and when Willie and Catherine found out that the family name was "O'Malley", they told me of the only women pirate in recorded history, Eileen O'Malley , from County Mayo. I like the idea of being related to a female pirate somehow. And with that, I'll sign off. Argghhhh!

3 Comments:

Blogger kitchu said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful friends! I'm dying to see the crib too after the descripiton of fun putting it together...

Here's to hoping your wait is almost over!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures Pictures we want pictures!!! How exciting to know that the crib is up and your referral is just around the corner. It has been a LONG 16 months but the wait is about to end!!!!

Dawn

10:46 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

Hopefully your munchkin is with you soon. Looking forward to seeing photos of the crib. 3 cheers for your wonderful friends.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home