DAUGHTER

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The I-797C Again.

We got some news from our adoption agency today...our I-797C re-file has been approved. One more thing knocked down out of the way. I am happy. For those of you re-filing with the Boston USCIS, we refiled on on February 12th, and our adoption agency received our approval today. Not too shabby at all.

It's unseasonably warm here today, and I was out in the back yard with the mutts for a bit. I use the term "backyard" loosely. We have a very tiny back yard, and no grass. The previous owner of our house had some kind of zen thing going...the entire back yard is tiny stones. We do have a lot of trees though, and I was picking up random broken branches, thinking about how much spring backyard clean-up Tim and I will have to do. And oh yeah, our friend Carla too. Because God knows that almost nothing gets done on the house without the slave driver. I was thinking about the firepit table and patio chairs we bought late last summer, and how nice it will be to actually use those this summer. And then it hit me...this summer, there will be a little girl back there. Maybe late in the summer, and maybe she won't be running around the yard right away, but there'll be a little girl. And she'll be ours.

And that my friends, was wonderful to think about.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Oh Tammy, that sounds like it was a wonderful thing to think about. I'm starting to thinking around the same thing. Perhaps it really is going to happen and we won't be waiting for the rest of our lives!

6:59 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

The best kind of thoughts! Congrats on that turn around time!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home