DAUGHTER

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Westminster Results

Ok, so if you aren't into dogs, this post isn't for you. If you are, and you watched the Westminster Show, what did you think? We like comments, people.

We always start off the show rooting for the Bichon Frise and the Miniature Schnauzer to win their groups, the Non-Sporting and Terrier groups, respectively, but it was not to be. Buca did show a real interest in the dog show this year though, and actually seemed to be watching for a while before he became "Buca Ball", curled up, sleeping in Daddy's lap.

The seven Best of Group dogs were an Akita (Working Group), a Dandie Dinmont terrier (Terrier Group), a Standard Poodle (Non-Sporting Group), a Toy Poodle (Toy Group), a Petits Basset Griffons Vendeen (Hound Group), and English Springer Spaniel (Sporting Group), and a Bouviers des Flandres (Herding Group).

Now, Tim and I like most dogs. However, as the Best in Show competition started warming up, the phrase "F***ing Poodles" kept coming out of the SchnauzerKing's mouth. In fact, he started to fantasize about the Akita winning Best in Show and then attacking and eating the standard and toy poodles in celebration. It's not so much that we hate poodles, as we hate how they are made to look for these shows.

Exhibit A...The Standard Poodle for Best in Group


Need I say more? That doesn't even look like a dog.

I was rooting for three dogs, and I really couldn't decide on my favorite for Best in Show. One of the dogs, the Bouviers des Flandres, was named INDIE. How amazing is that? I've never met another dog that shared my sweet girl's name. Here is the Bouviers des Flandres:



Kinda looks like a terrier, which in my book is a good thing. However, I have always loved the Dandie Dinmont breed, something Tim has teased me about for years. This year, a Dandie Dinmont made it to the best in show competition. Here's Harry:



How can you not love that cutie?

At the same time, another one of my favorite breeds is the PBGV, which SchnauzerKing refers to as the "HeeBeeGeeBee". Here's the PBGV:


This dog had a lot of style. She was workin' it.

I really thought the PBGV would win. But it was not to be. The judge chose the English Springer Spaniel, James.


Certainly a nice looking dog, but no Indie namesake, Dandie Dinmont, or PBGV.

And thus ends another year of Westminster. I can't wait to indoctrinate Isabella into the madness.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kitchu said...

I just found your blog today and am so enjoying it. Your comment,
"Need I say more? That doesn't even look like a dog" literally had me laughing out loud. I don't do that often reading blogs. But I have to agree.
Kris
mom to a very cute English Bulldog!
(and equally cute Bengal cat)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home