DAUGHTER

Monday, January 22, 2007

Nursery Furniture-Take Two

We had ordered a crib, dresser, and Dutailier glider rocker for Isbella long ago. However, we got caught in the Boston Baby debacle, which meant we never got any nursery furniture. It also became clearer and clearer that it would be a LONG time before receiving a referral. I couldn't bear the thought of having a fully set-up, but empty, nursery for months on end. I know some people derive comfort from that, but it would have driven me bonkers.

This weekend we took the plunge. We ordered a bow back rocker with beige fabric (we did not order the ottoman). This will actually go in what is now the guest room, which is the room next to Isabella's nursery. Her nursery is small...later, when she is older, we will move her into the guest room (after painting it a much nicer color, of course. Something to look forward to, my hubby). Here is a picture that is close. I am really looking forward to rocking my girl before bedtime as much as she lets me.



Now the crib and dresser. Can I tell you how in love with this crib and dresser I am?!





The crib converts to a toddler bed, and then a full size bed. I love the idea that this piece of furniture will have a permanent place in Isabella's life. I love the distressed black finish with the cherry trim. Feminine, but not too babyish. The glider should come in within 5 to 6 weeks, and once that happens, the whole shebang will be delivered. I AM EXCITED.

Props to Sparky for helping us out with it! We so appreciate it!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Your glider looks almost like mine. I love mine and I know you will love yours too. I love the two toned look of your dresser and crib. Those are great choices and I'm sure that having the furniture for Isabella's lifetime will be so special for her. We were given our crib so we'll go for big girl furniture later on after she's been here awhile. Either that or Matt will build it.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOVE the crib and dresser. We also got a crib that converts....its been set up for a year and needs a good dusting...

9:25 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

Beautiful! I love the colour and the design.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The crib and dresser are absolutely beautiful. Well done!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home