DAUGHTER

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Need a quick laugh?

I have two pairs of Enzo Angiolini boots that I bought in 1999 when I was teaching at Middlebury College in Vermont and it was so cold that I didn't need an excuse to wear boots everyday. I love these boots...nice easy zipper, chunky two inch heel, and a squarish, but not square, toe box. Very comfortable and nice enough that I can wear them to work with skirts, dresses, trousers, etc., but they also look great with jeans. (Yes, I am into my shoes, folks, and especially my boots. This is necessary when you have three different dress sizes in your closet. So far, my shoe size has been loyal to me.) Anyway, I liked them so much that I bought a pair in black leather and a pair in brown leather back in the winter of 1999. Both pairs have held up very well.

Tim and I take our shoes off when we come in the house due to our lax cleaning habits (i.e., no routine at all) and our fairly newly refinished hardwood floors. A pile of shoes tends to build up near the door. So, right before our Christmas open house, I moved some of my boots upstairs, including one pair of Enzo Angliolinis.

Yesterday, while out and about, feeling half-way decent about life, I discover that I am wearing one black and one brown boot. And I've been doing so since at least Christmas. And once again, any sense that I am a grown up, competent, OK woman goes down the drain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home