DAUGHTER

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Baby Love.

This has been an incredible week in our little circle of adoptive families. First, after having to put a visit with Luca's daughter Lea on hold due to me being sick, we finally met her on Saturday. She could not be any more adorable. At first, she regarded us very seriously, giving us little sideways glances. Two hours into the visit, she had decided we were OK and started to play little games with us. She has an adorable laugh. It's just wonderful to see such a lovely couple become a beautiful family. Sigh. They shared pictures of their trip with us, and showed us some of the treasures they bought home from China. Luca generously gave us a list of questions to ask as we start to interview pediatricians and some supplies. People, I NOW HAVE BOTTLES IN MY HOUSE! BOTTLES!!! I had registered for the Playtex Drop In Bottles for the trip and they are now off the registry due to the kindness of Luca and her family. Did I mention I have bottles in my house now? This makes me really happy.

And we've got the other two remaining members of my Mothers in Waiting/Real Life Mom posse in China right now (that would be Sparky and Kikalee), and have been following their trips on the net. It's amazing. I love the Internet, I really do.

I thought it might be really hard when our inner adoptive families circle (LaSalette and John, Cheryl and Bruce, Luca and M., Sparky and Bob, Kikalee and R.) came home with their children, because we are the LAST ONES. But I gotta say, after seeing Emma, Mya, and Lea come home, any feelings of yearning to hold our girl as they hold theirs, are overcome by sheer happiness for them and a sense of privilege at being allowed to see these beautiful babies grow...into their families, into themselves. Yes, we are ready for our turn. But we're also really blessed to see these families form before our eyes, and enjoy these girls so much.

Plus we get to score from their knowledge and their stuff. Hee hee.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, bottles YIPEE!!!! But what I really can't wait to see is the post where you are pulling your hair out cuz there are no more clean bottles in the house!!!! That day is coming, IT IS COMING!!

Hugs,
Dawn

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home