DAUGHTER

Monday, April 09, 2007

Right now, this is harder than I thought it would be.

It seems that the bad referral rumors are true. Many families with LIDs of 10/27/2005 and 10/28/2005 have received calls saying they are not in this month's batch. There is one family using my adoption agency, with a LID of 10/26/2005, that has posted a referral for a 7 month old girl from Hunan province. The social worker that called would not give this woman any indication of the cut-off date. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Of course, I knew we would not be in this batch. But I thought this batch would give us a pretty good idea of when we might actually get a referral - early May, early June, or early July. Since the CCAA only referred two days worth of LIDs this month, and there are now 17 days worth of referrals separating us from Isabella, I really have no idea. Whatsoever.

I want to think positively, I do. But right now, it is a dark day. Right now, I want to tell everyone who has children and says to me "Just be patient", "Don't stress","Your baby isn't ready for you" or "Once you get that referral, you'll forget the wait" to jump in a lake. A really dirty polluted one. Right now I want to say that the sweet, well-meaning comments like "You and SchanuzerKing are going to be wonderful parents" are like little needle pricks. They shouldn't hurt; their intent is helpful and benign. Yet they do. Because deep down, I know we are going to be imperfect, but great, parents. I just want to get there, be that. Right now, I very much want to believe that we are going to finally hold that baby in our arms this summer. But I don't know. I want to go into Isabella's nursery and write her a beautiful letter. But right now, all I could write is "Baby, where are you?"

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. You're getting closer, but not as quickly as we would all like.
Lots of ((hugs)) coming your way,
~Cheryl

4:41 PM  
Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I soo know how you feel and have had a ton of comments like that already.
In fact I am still in tears from earlier this afternoon...crikey when will this ever end.
We all seem to take one step closer and three steps back..this all sucks!

4:47 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Write it... write that one question... if that's what's in your heart, put it to paper.

I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm thinking of you guys. Hang in there.

7:01 PM  
Blogger EJ said...

I can TOTALLY understand your frustration. We have a LID of 10/28 and never dreamed we wouldn't be in this batch. Write down your thoughts,you don't have to share them but it is a relief to get it down on paper. I hope that they speed up and you see your baby soon.
Ellen

8:03 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I feel your pain. Just know you are not alone and we are all feeling a lot of the same emotions. Hang in there.

Melissa
1/26/06

7:46 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

Totally understand. I never thought that the waiting would be this hard on us.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home