DAUGHTER

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A baby shower for LaSalette and John...



Today I went to a baby shower that Cheryl and Bruce had for LaSalette and John, who are leaving mid-October to bring home Emma! It was pretty exciting to watch this mom opening their gifts after their long journey. Bruce and John went to Foxwoods to escape the "ooohing" and "aaahing". Tim was invited, but decided to stay home and work. And sleep. He's making gourmet pizza right now. How did I land this husband? Do I tell him how wonderful he is enough?

I toured Emma's nursery, which is beautiful! What was scary was the two suitcases on the floor, heaped with all the baby supplies they need to take with them! And the clothes weren't even in there yet! Yikes. I am lucky in that both couples will be going to China before me, so I can learn from them. I also saw Cheryl and Bruce's new nursery furniture for Mya and it is so pretty.

Now, when you go to someone else's shower, you are not supposed to get a gift. But I found out that Carla, Cheryl & Bruce, and LaSalette & John have all been on the hunt for about TWO MONTHS for an Asian Cabbage Patch Baby Girl to buy for Tim and me. Wow! They gave it to me this afternoon...I've posted a sample picture. Cabbage Patch dolls are now much cuter than they were when I was a kid. I am really overwhelmed by my friendships lately. Cheryl and Bruce bought the doll for us, and gave us a beautiful card to express their regret at the setbacks we have and how they look forward to our daughters playing together. Wow, wow, wow. I feel very undeserving ... I wonder if I've whined too much. I feel speechless. I really don't know what to say except "thanks for keeping the dream alive". Our daughter will have two Chinese-American friends in the city I grew up in. How amazing is that? And how amazing are these friends we have?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home