DAUGHTER

Monday, September 10, 2007

One week.

One week from today, we will have our daughter in our arms. This is actually going to happen!

I wish I had something coherent to say. SK and I are both in our offices this morning...SK won't be back in his for a month, and I won't be back in mine until November, when I do internship candidate interviews for the spring semester internship program. Wow.

I drove to work today with a car seat in my car. How wild is that?
(Note to Subaru Forester owners...having a Britax Decathalon installed rear-facing in your back seat is not an easy feat.)

We are mostly packed. All my clothes are going to have to be placed in a thin layer on the top of all the baby supplies, medicines, and clothes. I will not be looking good on this trip. When I place my carry-on backpack on my back, I am probably going to topple over.

Isabella's clothes, bedding, and curtains are all freshly washed with Dreft. My dear friend Carla put up the room-darkening shades in the baby's room yesterday. She also ironed the baby's curtains and crib dust ruffle, and I caught her ironing a onesie. Crazy lady.

I may not get a chance to post before we depart on Thursday...Boston to Chicago, where we will meet up with my favorite brother-in-law, the Toddfather (otherwise known as the Pack Mule), and then Chicago to Beijing. This is actually going to happen. I've decided to try and keep the blog going during the trip. Mostly because I've been too lazy to set up the by-invitation-only one. I'll set that up when we return. We will finally stop being a waiting family, and just become a family. Wow.

I want to thank everyone who has been following us as we realize our dream of becoming parents. I've enjoyed your comments tremendously. We've also met some amazing people through this blog (particularly the Sparky, Anne, Kikalee and Deb families). Along with becoming a family with the addition of our daughter, we have also become part of an extended circle of family and friends.

I feel very blessed right now.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Congrats to you guys! I can't believe you can still work and function. I imagine I'll be a wreck the week before I leave!! I'm really happy for the both of you!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Best wishes on a good trip!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip...
I am so excited for you both..
I love your blog and am very grateful that you are keeping it up until you get back..
Can not wait to see little Isabella's face..
Kim

2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's so good to see everyone who was on this crazy journey with me becoming families. I am so very happy for you guys. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to follow along.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more week. WOW!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger mom of 3 so far said...

It seems so hard to believe that this horrible wait is about to finally be over!!!! In less than a week now you will be holding that precious baby girl in your arms and I'm sure the smiles on your faces will brighten our night time skies!!!

Blessings for safe travels and and an easy transitition for Isabella!!

Hugs,
Dawn

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment here the other day but I must have done something wrong. Now that comment was brilliant, just brilliant, witty, heartwarming, amusing and touching, a comment to beat all comments but I've forgotten what I wrote so instead I'm wishing you bon voyage, its going to be amazing in every way and I can't wait to see the photos of the 3 of you together at last.

Debberoox

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to share what I discovered to pack my clothes really thin. You can buy extra extra large ziplocs at Target and other places too probably and then fold your clothes in a square pile and slip into the bag. Then you sit on the bag and zip it up. It is like pack mates but much cheaper and then you have all those ziplocs for dirty clothes or diapers.
They look like slabs of clothes and all the air is sucked out. See you in Chicago!
: ) Amy

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home