DAUGHTER

Friday, August 10, 2007

35 years old and a MOM.

Today is my 35th birthday. I don't have to tell you that I have already received my birthday present.

Last night we went with friends Catherine and Willie, and some of their family, to see this. So nice to have a night out away from my VDS at home. Right now SK and I have been focused on resolving the VDS in the next 10 days or so, in order to have our home to ourselves to rest and get ready for Baby Isabella.

Tonight, thanks to my MIL & FIL, who have already sent me a wonderful birthday card and generous gift, SK and I are going out for dinner alone. Lovely! Tomorrow we plan to take advantage of a tax-free weekend in MA and buy either an all-terrain stroller (I want to take some long walks with Isabella this fall in the Blue Hills and in other serene places)or some car seats.

There is a good chance Tim's brother Todd, Isabella's "Todd-father", is going to be able to join us for our first week in China. Can you say "pack mule"?

I have to tell you that 35 feels pretty amazing when you are looking at your baby girl's sweet face a few hundred times a day.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger SchnauzerKing said...

SchnauzerKing knows how to show the RHC a good time, especially on the parental units' dime. Wow, that's a rhyme,it should be a crime, now pass the lime, I ain't no mime!

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

1. Flowers for the Birthday Girl-$15
2. Wining and Dining at our favorite restaurant-$50
3. Eating dessert, holding hands, and staring at our daughter's pictures-Priceless!!!!*

*SK acknowledges that something similar has probably been written a quintillion times before. He just chooses to overlook it! In honor of my nieces...if you've got an issue with it, "just talk to the hand 'cuz the ears ain't listening!"

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy bday!!!! I am hoping to be 35 when I see our sweet LynnMaries face! Thanks for the encouragment!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'll bet this is the best birthday ever. Bask in it. You deserve it.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

I love my crazy husband. Maybe he'll treat me to his karate routine tonight!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day and just enjoy being a first time mom!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it was your best yet!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday....
Enjoy your day and staring at Isabella...pretty soon you will have her in your arms.
Kim

6:55 PM  
Blogger mom of 3 so far said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! (it's Steve's birthday too but he's MUCH older than you LOL)

Hugs,
Dawn

9:07 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Tammy, your birthday celebration sounds perfect, and I hope you two had a wonderful time!

Parenting after 30 is the way to go, at least according to my children. While my daughters are busy improving on everything mom did, my boys, both born during my 30s, give me high marks. Guess who my favorite children are.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful b-day. Happy belated.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweetie!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I can't wait to follow your journey when you get to China!!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home