DAUGHTER

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Yep, she's small!

I just spent some time with the Chinese growth charts. Our girl is indeed tiny, despite her chubby cheeks. In height, she falls below the 3rd percentile, and she falls between the 3rd and 10th percentile in weight and head circumference. It looks like 3-6 month and 6-9 month clothes for sure on the trip. I am glad that I bought a mei tai long ago, since she'll be light and can face into me or Tim if she wishes.

Cheryl and Bruce think we dodged a bullet since under "Personalities", the following are checked:
Quiet
Fond of listening (which our social worker thinks is fond of listening to music)
Fond of Quietness

I am really looking forward to getting the full report, updated measurements, and getting to know our girl better!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger kitchu said...

Can't wait to hear more! Are these measurements that you did get recent? I don't know exactly how it all works!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting for you!!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't forget that the weight can be off a bit, but I think you're right with 3-6 month sizes. Sera's referral said she was 17 pounds. She fit 6-9 month sizes best until just recently. A friend who came home in July was given a weight of 15 pounds, and her daughter is wearing 3-6 month clothes.

She is a little peanut, but a darn cute one.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

YEAH!!!
Can't wait to hear more about little Isabella..
Have a Great Day..
Kim

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

So exciting receiving all the bits of information. So excited for you.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Bella is beautiful, dainty, petite, and quiet. Prima ballerina rather than a black belt in the making?

9:35 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

Enjoying all the little updates on Getting to know Isabella

5:47 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

OMG I am so happy for you! I was lurking on your blog about 2 years ago when my husband and I started thinking about adoption. When we ended up not going down that path I lost touch with the adoption blogs I would follow. But today I was looking around for some links to send to my friend who is considering adopting from China and in a message board I found the news about your adoption. I am so super thrilled for your family and so happy to see that you have gotten your referral. I hope that you get to travel to meet her very soon.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home