DAUGHTER

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Warm Fuzzies

No, I am not talking about my dogs. I've already told you about EmmaLi, and her mom Dawn. I "met" Dawn on line when we were both struggling to be DTC. She and her family found EmmaLi as a waiting child, and EmmaLi has been home in the Midwest for a bit now. I have been meaning to send EmmaLi something forever, and recently finally got my act together. I sent a blanket, romper, and socks from Gymboree, and a panda hand puppet from ChinaSprout...I am ashamed to say that I am sterotypically all about the pandas! Anyway, Monday I received a thank you note from Dawn, and she sent me some pics of EmmaLi opening the package.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Adorable, isn't she? It makes me so happy to be able to send something to this family. Dawn and I have ummm...complained...to each other about the long process to get our dossiers together...waiting for the damn I-171 was a killer. Then she found EmmaLi and still had to wait along time for pre-approval and travel approval while on the other side of the world EmmaLi waited for her family in an orphanage.

And even though Dawn must be simply swamped with a new daughter, she takes the time to remember that we are still waiting and offer her sweet wishes. This is from her thank-you note:

It is so much fun having a toddler around here, my greatest wish for you is that the referrals would finally speed up so that Bella can come home where SHE BELONGS!!!
She will be worth what ever the wait is though, hang in there, she will be home soon and that is where she will stay!!! I will be crying so many tears when I finally see that sweet face pop up on my computer screen, she is such a loved little girl by so many from around the world hopefully she can feel it right now, I know Emma did (and still does)!!!


Sigh. I'm down with that!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home