DAUGHTER

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Umm, do I look like a cartoon character???

Two separate but related incidents. Yesterday was a very busy day for me, and I had to go to Boston City Hall and meet with some folks for the internship program I supervise. It was pretty windy in the morning, so I decided to put my hair up, out of my face, where it had limited ability to get in my face when the wind blows. Last night, Tim arrives home from work, looks at me, and notices my hair, which is unusual. He giggles and says:

"You Look Like Pebbles. Bam Bam!!!"

Image hosting by Photobucket

I am sorry, BUT THERE'S NO BONE IN MY HAIR!!!

The funny thing is, and Tim doesn't know this, is that I had two nicknames in high school...one of which was Pebbles. The other was "Cheer Bear", after the Care Bear with the rainbow on its tummy.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Yep, those nicknames are both listed in my high school yearbook. Tim has never noticed because he can't get past laughing at my picture. You know Sally Jessy Raphael's big red plastic glasses? Yeah, I had those.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And in an attempt to manage my hair in the pre-gel days, I used to stick big rollers in it, which kind of gave it a wavy pageboy do.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I also hated the photographer, who kept giving me the finger in an attempt to make me laugh. Hysterical.

Today, I am roaming the halls of my dept., and a fellow professor told me that I reminded him of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. Totally out of the blue. Hello? Do I have a tail? Am I orange?

Image hosting by Photobucket

One commonality I see is these characters all have at least one arm up in the air. Mmmm, am I a flailing lunatic?
Or just a lunatic?
What are these people trying to tell me???

2 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

Well....you're a waiting adoptive parent - lunatic would probably be right. :-)

Is your hair naturally curly? I'm jealous. Mine is stick straight.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Come to think of it, when we met I thought you looked like a cartoon character fom the Flinstones too but I couldn't place which one. Oh I know now...Ann-Margrock. You vixen.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home