DAUGHTER

Monday, September 17, 2007

She still has "the look".

It's 1:00 PM here, and SK and I completed some paperwork earlier in the hotel conference room. We saw an updated photo of our daughter pasted to one document; this will likely be the same photo used for her Chinese passport. I am happy to report that she still has the determined, "don't mess with me" look. And more hair! In 3 hours, we should see her in the flesh! The doctor that is traveling with us will examine all the babies in the travel group later today.

SK and I took a little walk after the paperwork. A lot of people looked at us like we are aliens, which we are, here in Chongqing.

Thanks for all the tips regarding the back issues. I did have some muscle relaxants and Vicodin with me from previous flare-ups, which believe me, I have used. I am saving my last few Vicodin for the part of the flight home were I might be able to sleep while SK cares for Isabella. Now I am on muscle relaxants and Tylenol. I do think things are improving.

And now, we are off to lunch! Our last meal as a couple...for our next meal, we'll be a family.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

YEAH!!!!!
A family of 3... I am sooo excited for you both..
Can't wait to see the FAMILY picture...
Take care
Glad to hear your back is getting a little better.
Kim

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 7 am here and by now she is with you.....at last.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I can't wait to see photos. no pressure there or anything ;)

For the moment I will make do with knowing that by now you must all be together!!!

Fingers crossed your back continues to improve - such bad luck. Just shout if there is any meds that we could fed ex to your hotel. Maybe there is a prescrip that we could get your doc to refill so you don't run out before your flight?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

as I read this, you are probably a family now..Praying for this amazing moment for you!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Yeah, you're almost there. Well, actually, by now, you should be! So very excited that it's finally happening. Can't wait to see the photos!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're a family. Well, seeing it's 9:30 at night over there, I'm beginning to doubt I'll see a post from you today...I'll be stalking all day anyway. Hello Isabella!!!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Connie J said...

Hopefully, you are all sleeping peacfully now, but we can't wait to see pictures! Blessings~
Connie (Kambry's mommy)

2:02 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

I cant believe that after all this time I am finally reading your post and you are in China it is wonderful:)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hopefully all is well with you and Isabella... Hope she is sleeping well.. Can't wait to see the family picture...
Take care
Kim

8:02 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Waiting.....! Can't wait to hear all about your first meeting with Isabella. Happy for you!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home