DAUGHTER

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dudes, there is a crib in our hotel room!

Also a stroller and a baby bath tube! Unbelievable!!! We have made it to Chongqing. At 3:00 PM today, we will go to be united with our babies. It is finally going to happen. We are excited, a bit nervous, but most of all, just incredibly happy.

The flight from Chicago to Beijing was pretty grueling...tougher than I thought it would be, honestly. My back stiffened up and then I threw it completely out climbing the Great Wall. So, it has been a painful trip for me, in the sense that any jarring or transitions from sitting/standing/lying down set off these muscle spasms. SK has had to be a nursemaid. I do think things are getting better...I am not in so much pain that I am tearing up, as I was the first few days. And I even put my own panties on today, by myself! (Sadly,this is a great improvement). All I can think of is wanting to be my best self when I meet our girl, and this ain't it. But we are coping. And I have once again been struck at how SK can really step up to the plate when he needs to. I am a lucky girl.

We arrived on Friday, and had a group dinner, then we were all off to bed. On Saturday, we went to a jade factory on the way to the Great Wall. We bought Bella a jade dog, since she is a Year of the Dog baby. Very cute. Then it was off to the Great Wall, where unfortunately, I did very little climbing before feeling my back yank. However, SK and Todd took off and impressed the travel group with their stamina. One fellow adoptive parent asked SK "Do you run?", at which I collapsed into a laughing fit. It was painful, but worth it.

Sunday's activities were the Forbidden Palace, Tienanmen Square, and a rickshaw ride through the older part of Beijing, with lunch at a local family home. SK and I had to skip these activities; we took a car directly from the hotel to the airport for our flight to Chongqing. However, Todd went along with the group, and really enjoyed himself. The group seemed particularly enthusiastic about the rickshaw ride and lunch. We had a late flight to Chongqing, arriving at our hotel, the Holiday Inn, between 9pm and 10pm. There was a very good buffet dinner waiting for us, and then it was off to bed. This hotel is very, very nice, and has a children's playroom.

Today's agenda is breakfast, some paperwork in the hotel conference room at 11 AM, and then we depart the hotel at 3 PM to head to the Civil Affairs Office for our children. Apparently, there are going to be LOTS of adoptive families there (only 7 in our group, but we have heard there are 50 families with another group), so we are not sure how long we will be there. But we are getting back on that bus with our daughter. It doesn't get any better than that.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I came back to visit your blog wondering if you had your daughter, what great timing! Sorry to hear about your back, hopefully the adrenaline rush will carry you through a bit. I remember 3 months ago getting our daughter, it was the most wonderful, terrifying, and exhausting day of our lives. Enjoy every minute.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! You're in China!!!! We're here multitasking...watching the Patriots and the Red Sox/Yankees all while hitting the refresh key over and over on your blog. Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you'll be feeling better by this afternoon when you meet Bella.

Sending good wishes your way.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh BTW both the Pats and Sox are winning. That's gotta be a good sign :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

I was wondering where you folks were at! Hoping all goes well for you!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I was wondering if you guys made it okay...
Sounds like you are a little down ...but things will get better...
Sounds like you have been busy..
Can't wait to see the pictures of you holding sweet little Isabella..
Take care
Kim

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, hooray an update and today is THE day, so excited for you!!!

Hopefully tomorrow morning I will wake up to photos of you all together at last :)

So sorry about your back though that sounds very painful you poor thing. Maybe you could ask your guide if it would be possible to see a doctor if its still bothering you later today, it might be that some stronger meds might do the trick.

11:27 PM  
Blogger mom of 3 so far said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back!! Hopefully it will continue to feel better!!

I can hardly stand the excitment, and I swear I see your smiles all the way on this side of the world so maybe that means that Bella is FINALLY in your arms!

Congrats guys, forever begins today!!!!!!

Hugs,
Dawn

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home