DAUGHTER

Friday, November 17, 2006

One year.

Tomorrow, Tim and I will have been logged in with the CCAA for one year. One year. How can time pass so quickly and SO SLOWLY, all at the same time?

What's funny is that, quite unintentionally, our day tomorrow centers on the adoption process. For lunch, we will meet two couples using the same adoption agency as us that also have November LIDs; in fact, one couple shares our LID, so we know that we will be traveling with them. After that, we will go to the housewarming party of a woman I got to know because she is a friend of the chairperson of my dept., and she is also adopting through CAWLI --- her LID is 11/23/2005. She is adopting as a single mom, and she and her mother have just bought a new two family home in preparation for the arrival of the little one.

And so. Some of these days of waiting are OK and some days are simply awful. There are days when I think I simply cannot wait much longer. But you know what? I can, because I have to. And no matter what the days brings, every night I remind myself that we are going to have a daughter...my beautiful husband is going to be a father and I am going to be a mother. It feels like my own kind of prayer, as I wonder where she is and say goodnight. I can't wait until it's our reality.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stinky Mouse said...

Hang in there!

I'm glad to hear you have a day of "Adoption Focused" activities coming, I think meeting with other people in the process.

Every day is one step closer to your daughter, I'm looking forward to reading your travel story!

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home