DAUGHTER

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Just when you think it couldn't get any harder, it does.

My, oh my. No reliable referral news anywhere. Our agency just sent out an update that basically says that they don't know where this month's referrals are, and they don't know when they'll be here. It's possible that the entire month of October could be skipped. My heart is breaking right now for our friends Cheryl and Bruce, and Lisa and Eammon S; both couples are expecting referrals this month. I don't know how they haven't gone completely crazy yet. I want to call and email them, but at the same time, there's nothing meaningful I can say.

To those of you new to the wait --- it's hard. Even on the days I try to think optimistically, and reassure myself that one day Tim and I will have our daughter, it's really.very.hard.

One year ago today, we were DTC. I can honestly say it was one of the happiest days of my life. After our battles with USCIS, we finally thought we were on our way, really truly on our way to being parents. I wish I could be sunny about things right now, but today the long yearned for day that we become parents seems even further away than it did one year ago.

Yep, I am down, people. Really very down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Don't be down as there is good news in the works. Your agency along with a dozen others are expecting a package on Thursday and it will contain referrals!!

How do we keep from freaking out you ask. Well freaking out would only make me and everyone else crazy and it wouldn't get the referrals here any sooner.

Try to stay positive my friend and know that the bulk of your wait is behind you and hopefully things will speed up so that soon you will hold your daughter close.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

We are all almost there kiddo. Just think, this time next year we'll be having get togethers with little ones in tow.

Soon, soon, soon!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home