DAUGHTER

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The deed is done and only memories remain.

It's been a while since I've blogged. The main reason is because I tend to think of blogging subjects during the day and then promptly forget them at night when I have a greater opportunity to etch my prose for the world to enjoy. But alas, the time has come to blog again. I feel the need to share my pain and say one last goodbye to my trusty steed.

A couple of weeks ago we traded in the lovely Grand Am and picked up a new 2007 Honda Odyssey. There is no doubt the Odyssey is the smoother, more powerful ride. There is no comparison of the heated leather seats to the colder cloth ones. No longer does Tammy have to stoop down to get in my vehicle. No longer are we greeted by the aromatic delight of the smell of gas as we leave the house. And no longer is our driveway becoming a darkened oil stain waiting to be labeled a Superfund site. Yet with all of these positive changes, how come I still feel a little sad about having sent the "AM" to the great unknown to fend for itself???? Why world, why???

I searched high and low for a way to feel better about this decision. And I think I've found it. I reached back into the abyss known as my childhood memories and found this. For whatever reason, this song always made me tear up as a child. But today it makes me smile as I think of the "AM" reaching for the sky and pursuing its dreams. For those of you who never got to experience the "AM" with me, below is a picture as we left on its final voyage. I hope you too can envision it as I do, driving happily down the road. Vroom Vroom, old friend, Vroom Vroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Ok, so I know I am biased, but the Schnauzer King cracks me up!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home