DAUGHTER

Monday, October 31, 2005

DTC AT LAST...one of the happiest days ever!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today we received a letter from our adoption agency stating that we are DTC!!! On Halloween!!! This means that our dossier has been certified, authenticated, translated and sent to China! We are officially "paperwork pregnant" or "a waiting family". Wow!!! It feels so good to say that!!! We have been told to expect a referral in May or June. See us smiling in a picture we took of ourselves!

Now, you might be able to see that my hair is wet. This is because I got out of a meeting this afternoon, and walked directly to my car in the University parking garage. I had a flat!!! I was pretty sure I could change it myself, but I opened my cell phone to call Tim and let him know I'd be running late. And there was a message waiting for me from him to say "we are dtc!!!". I didn't even care about the flat after that...I changed it, and charged off home with my dirty, dirty hands! Let's just say a shower was necessary. After showering, we took this picture and then opened the champagne...

This is Tim toasting Bella...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I kept saying "We have a baby coming...we have a baby coming". I finally got to give Tim a gift I've had for him since we were living in Alexandria, VA...a "Father and Daughter" Willow Tree angel figurine. I already know she will be a Daddy's girl, and I can't say I blame her...he is pretty special!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparky said...

Congratulations!!!!! Yippee!!! Yahoo!!! Welcome to the CAWLI Waiting Family Club.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

What wonderful news, Congrats!! I am impressed that you were still able to change the tire after your good news, I would have been shaking with joy too much to accomplish such a task. This just proves that your will be a fantastic Mom.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Congratulations!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home