DAUGHTER

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Whew...

What a week!!! Very busy. Monday I spent about 2 hours of my day dealing with a student who even my departmental chairperson described as "offensive and weird". Gosh...I had to kick the guy out of my office and tell him I was not discussing the matter at hand (me refusing to accept his late assignment) anymore. I told him to go complain to my chair...he gets paid more than I do! What really infuriated me is that the guy started calling me by my first name while he was arguing with me. I guess he thinks he can because he's older than me, and a man. Normally, I really don't care what students call me, but this drove me nuts. I told him he could call me Ms. Murphy, Professor Murphy, or Dr. Murphy, but not "Tammy". Jeesh.

Tomorrow I am off to Amerst, MA for two days for a conference on water resources research...I am presenting some work on modeling the optimal treatment plan for cryptosporidium (a microbial pathogen found in water that can make an average person spend WAY too much time in the bathroom and can kill an immuno-compromised person). Yuck. But I love Western MA...looking forward to connecting with a few friends and simply taking in the magic of that area.

Tonight, I relax with Tim after working frantically all last night. We are watching Season 4 of Six Feet Under. I love David. Tim points out to me that he is a gay man. I don't want to have sex with David...I just love the kind, gentle person he is! So far the only male TV character Tim has fallen in love with is Mr. Big from Sex and the City. That makes two of us!!!

When I have some more time, I will write about the Chinese Culture Workshop Tim and I attended on Saturday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home