DAUGHTER

Friday, November 03, 2006

A Poll (warning: blog entry has the H-E-"double hockeysticks" word in it)

A while back Tammy and I took an online poll called Dante's Inferno Test which foretells which level of Hell we will go to upon our deaths. From what I recall, Tammy will go to Purgatory (Repenting Believer...*YAWN*) and I will go to the 2nd Level (Lustful...that's the ticket!). I think I was put at this level due to having taken some pleasure out of the misfortune of others, either that or placing a lot of emphasis on science and logic and taking the Lord's name in vain. Either way, I wasn't too surprised that I was going to Hell. In fact, Tammy reminds me of this...all...the...time. The funny thing is that she's rarely joking.

Anyway, back to the story. I did mention I have a story, didn't I? No? Hmmmm. Sorry about that. There's a reason I'm telling you about this poll we took. A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work in the USS STARSHIP Murphy, otherwise known as our Honda Odyssey, when I noticed a small, sporty convertible (top down, of course) behind me. I'll give you one guess what the person driving this car looked like. That's right-Edith Bunker. Ok, so maybe it was more like a just-in-time-for-a-mid-life-crisis kind of guy. You know the type. This young lad is cruising back and forth across lanes trying to somehow shave 30-45 seconds off his commute home. He is repeatedly speeding up next to me in the right lane, giving up, and then turning back into the lane behind me. Mind you, I'm in the second lane from the left, he has yet to attempt the actual "passing lane". It was one of those kind of traffic days. I'm thinking to myself, "Saint Tim, here you are trying to drive in a safe, efficient manner and this bozo is driving like an arse. Maybe it's time to try out the new windshield wipers." And my hand inches towards the wiper controls.

So I ask you all, should I have conveniently cleaned my windshield as this fellow pulled up next to me for the umpteenth time? And more importantly, did I?

I look forward to your comments.
Please keep in mind that I was/am already going to Hell.

5 Comments:

Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

You know what I said...go for it, baby. I would have, and I'm only going to purgatory!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That would have been too irresistible to resist. :o)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have done it, well that is if I had thought of it.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Brian and Darin said...

No doubt in my mind, I would have done it! Crazy drivers bug me beyond words!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done it by accident actually to a guy on a motorcycle... I felt bad but I still wonder, DID YOU???

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home