DAUGHTER

Friday, April 07, 2006

Whew!

This past week has been rather hetic at work. We are getting into the homestretch of the semester (which in my mind is anything after mid-semester date). Grading really starts to pile up, and some students start to realize "Oh crap, I really may fail this woman's class". So they want advice and that sort of thing. And I gave a talk at the University yesterday. I should be very used to giving talks by now, but I always freak out at the last minute, wondering who will show up, what audience I should pitch the talk to, do I really know my stuff well enough, how much math should I include in the presentation, can I concisely explain what a cryptosporidium oocyst is, blah, blah, blah.

On Sunday, I will fly to DC for a few days for an EPA conference on morbidity and mortality from environmental contaminants. I am looking forward to this, as I will get a chance to connect with some people I met last year while at working at EPA, and hopefully a friend or two I made while down there. And April is certainly not a bad time to be in DC. But I'll miss Tim and the mutts...makes me think of how hard it must be for those of you with little humans to go on business trips.

My plan for today is to do some work, but also to take it easy by allowing myself the time to go get my eyebrows waxed. Yes, you know something is wrong when your idea of relaxation is having someone rip tiny little hairs out of your face.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somtimes a couple nights of actually getting sleep and a few days of not changing diapers can be a guilty pleasure.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home