DAUGHTER

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

With a little help from my friends...

I want to thank all of you who sent sweet notes after my "Sweet and Sour Moments" post. Those notes definitely totally sweet. I know so many of you are exactly where I am at, and many of you have been waiting even longer. I guess what it comes down to is that some days are better than others. I appreciate all the support though, and I am looking forward to celebrating with you when our moment finally arrives.

Tim tells me that my post nearly made him cry, at work, in his office. Funny how a lot of communication between a couple takes place through a blog. I am not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

On an upbeat note, this past weekend was a very active one.

Tim and I have recently discovered a new website called ExerciseFriends. You can post a profile, and what activities you are interested in, then meet up with others in your area. I met up with a woman this weekend for a short hike in the Blue Hills Reservation. It was great as two of my many goals for this summer are 1.) to get in better shape and 2.) to make more friends and spend more time with those I do have. Tim met up to play tennis with a woman he met through Craig's List. Again, the Internet is an amazing thing.

Saturday we went to the gym, took the mutts to the dog park, and saw Willie Nelson and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in concert. I noticed a big difference in Willie from when I last saw him in 1999, but he still knocks my socks off. The man is over 70 years old! He must have tossed at least 10 baseball caps, bandanas, or cowboy hats into the audience. He played for two hours solid! Tim really enjoyed it, and I am glad I had a chance to share a Willie experience with Tim.

Sunday, Tim played tennis in the morning. At about 2:00 or so, Carla, i.e., "The Slave Driver", came over. This means gardening. Tim and I had already spent an hour or so ripping out some of the landscaping in the front of our house. I intended to just prune it a bit, but then got wild. Then Carla, who has also been dubbed "The Destroyer of the Murphys", comes over and we work on the two beds lining on front walk way. This involved pulling up even more hostas, which the previous owner of our house was apparently a huge fan of. Then we had to edge the beds. Off to Home Depot to buy more tools (Tim destroyed some trying to remove a tree stump), 8 more bags of mulch, 4 bags of soil, two whiskey barrels, edging, and some more plants. We put the new edging in, and planted one bed. To do that, we pulled up all the day lilies on the side of the house, and used some of those in the front. We planted the two whiskey barrels, placing one at the foot of each bed. Then we mulched the bed...now onto the other side. Seven hours and two sunburns later, we go out to eat with Carla. Then we deliver all our pulled up hostas to a friend of Carla's, where they will be replanted. Finally, we sent her packing! BTW, of course, Carla, the one whose last name is not Murphy, who has not a drop of Irish blood in her, does not sunburn.

Monday, Tim bagged on the planned hike, basically because he could not move. I met up with my new "exercise friend", and really enjoyed the hike. The feeling lasted until later in the afternoon, when my thighs started screaming at me.

This afternoon the dogs began barking like crazy. I look out the window, and what do I see? Our neighbor's German short haired pointer,digging up one of the new beds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home