DAUGHTER

Monday, May 22, 2006

A personal plea



OK, so my regular readers know that I have been shamelessly wrapped up in this season of American Idol. And it all comes down to this week...the final performances of Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee. Yes, I know the show borders on the ridiculous sometimes. Yes, I know the voting system is ludicrous. But, if you've been watching, and want Taylor to win, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote even if you have never voted before.

I simply love this guy. First, I think I would love to have him as a friend. He's funny and sweet. He looks like a real person. He has goldfish. A crappy apartment.
He's almost 30 years old, with gray hair, and he took his shot. And so many of us adore him for it.



I have never been as excited about another contestant as I am about him. Yes, he definitely has some wackiness going on. But you know what? When he tilts his head to his left side and gives us his goofy grin, I feel happier. And when he sings in his gravelly, soulful voice, I BELIEVE him. It's all about the music for him, and in the end, that's what this should be about.

6 Comments:

Blogger SchnauzerKing said...

I think we'll all be out to vote, but not for Taylor! Feel your forehead, you must be coming down with something. Oh wait, I know...it's McPhever!!!!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Ok, crazy person who commented above. If you are sick enough to be coming down with McPheever, you ought to at least identify yourself!!!

Notice how I refrained from saying anything negative about Katharine.

The truth? You can't handle the truth!!! Taylor is the next American Idol!!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

And one more thing...
I guess if I was a Katharine fan, I'd remain anonymous too!!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger SchnauzerKing said...

You should check out my blog, dedicated to the next American Idol!

http://mcpheverrocks.blogspot.com/

3:39 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I LOVE that you love my Taylor!! (I call him that) LOVE THAT MAN!!! I am trying to vote now - but the line is always busy!!! He WILL WIN!!!!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Colleen...way to go...another member of the SOUL PATROL!!! My fingers and toes are crossed...

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home