DAUGHTER

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Rainy days and Wednesdays are getting me down

So, the weather here in the Boston area over the past few days has been simply awful. Rainy, cold, and raw. Since all I can think about is scratching at my poison ivy pox, and there is no sun or warmth in sight to comfort me, I have decided that this Wednesday officially sucks.

I am at work, but not really at work. Do a little work, check blogs, do some more work, think about how itchy my arms are. Oops, time for coffee...you get the idea. And I have to sit through a seminar soon, during which I will try to perfect my sleeping with my eyes open technique.

So, I decided that I will be updating my blog with a new feature called "Tammy's Recommended Reads". Why? Well, both Tim and I read a lot ... one of the many reasons we make a good pair. He tends to read mostly fantasy, science fiction stuff, which all seems the same to me. And doesn't sell on ebay very well either, I might add. I'll read almost anything...fiction, science, politics, biography, etc.
I often get asked to recommend books. This is hard to do, since everyone's tastes are different and even though you may know someone well, you don't always know their reading style well. I've been missing my book club in DC, but I've been too lazy to get one going here in Boston. One of my numerous goals for the summer is to either join a club or create my own. But for now, I will simply post the titles of books I've liked here on the sidebar to your right...Tammy's Recommended Reads. It's no where near complete, but I will add to it as things occur to me. Read at your own risk!!! And if you are near Boston, and want to join a book club, let me know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I'll have to check out your book recommendations - I've read the first two & loved 'em. Thanks for posting some suggestions, I'm always looking for a good book.

Tammy

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home