DAUGHTER

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Triumph of Taylor

So guess who was bawling her eyes out last night about 10pm EST along wth David Hasselhoff? Yep, me. He won, he won, he won!!! Of course, you already know that unless you live in a cave. But it's definitely worth repeating. When I saw that man audition, I knew he had it, and I told Tim that night "That guy is going to win". Oh, happy day!!!



Last night's show was hugely entertaining...even though I was sitting there with my guts in a knot waiting for the results. Dionne Warwick!!! Mary J Blige!!! Meatloaf!!! Toni Braxton!!! Clay Aiken!!! PRINCE!!! Fricken' Unbelievable!!!

My one complaint is Toni Braxton taking Taylor's hand and rubbing it all over her during "In the Ghetto". Hello??? You are singin a song about a young man dying in a ghetto!!! Sexual touching not needed. Tim rationalizes that perhaps this is the only way to stay warm in the ghetto. Whatever. Get your mitts off my man, tramp.

Dionne Warwick looked amazingly classy, and it was a real joy to see her perform. Mary J Blige was amazing, and it was great to Elliot up there with her! And oh my god, the look at that dorky kid's little face when Clay Aiken walked out was priceless...probably the greatest moment of the night next to Taylor winning, of course. Prince...God, talk about an 80s flashback...the man can still slink around like no one's business.

Then there were the touching moments...Elliot's beaming mom, and of course, Brokenote Mountain. That little cowboy dud kills me.

I also really enjoyed the medleys, especially since I got a chance to see Mandisa and Bucky perform again. I thought they both sounded terrific. Bucky's got a great, smoky voice and sounded fantastic in the medley.

Now that Taylor has won, my efforts are now going to be directed at getting Tim to take me to see the American Idols on tour this summer for my birthday.

I saw Taylor interviewed by the Boston Fox affliate minutes after winning and he said "I'm flabbergasted...all I can say is thnak you and God Bless". So thank you my fellow Soul Patrollers, and everyone who voted to make Taylor's American Dream come true. What a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home