DAUGHTER

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sumeet and John have a baby boy!!!

Our friends Sumeet and John live ONE street over from us. On November 9th, Sumeet gave birth to their son Aman. Aman means "peace" in Punjabi, which is beautiful! We are very excited to see Aman, but are holding off a bit because I am sure Sumeet, John and Aman are being swarmed with visitors right now, and I've been a bit sick. I think it's just allergies. but I don't want to take any chances.
Congratulations to Sumeet and John, who will make wonderful parents!

I haven't felt much like blogging lately...maybe not feeling well has something to do with it. The big project right now is that last weekend Tim and I started painting Tim's office. This has turned out to be an interesting endeavor. The walls have some cracks, which Tim put joint compound over. Then we used two coats of Benjamin Moore's "Chestertown Buff" on the walls (a golden color). We primed all the time with some evil stuff called Binz and painted two coats of Benjamin Moore's "Greenfield Pumpkin", which is a caramel brown. The colors go well together. The only problem was that lots of the cracks are showing through in the walls.

So, we go back to the paint store on Sunday with the idea of sponging to make the darker cracked areas less noticeable. But the paint guy says we should add texture to the wall with some sand paint, which can be made in the "Chestertown Buff" color. Tim thinks this will look cool, and I am too sick to think straight...I just want it done so that I can collapse. So we buy that, get home and get ready to go. Let me tell you this...sand paint is thick! Picture me, the allergy/asthma girl trying to put sand paint on the walls. Yeah, fun...I am pretty sure there was more sand on me than on the walls. Not fun. Also, the trim needed like a gazillion coats. And we discovered that you cannot use painter's tape on a textured wall, so things look, shall we say, "less than perfect". And we recently read on-line how sand paint is incredibly difficult to remove, which did occur to me as we were doing it, but I banished the thought from my mind. A direct quote from Tim: "Looks like our textured wall is going to be a permanent member of our family!"

Since I've been sick, and we figure exposure to Binz and paint is not helpful, Tim worked like a dog on Monday on finishing this, and has worked a few nights this week. I am a little afraid to go in there, but I think Tim has made the executive decision to call it a done deal - unless, Tim says "someone comes in and says 'this really looks like s**t' ". I have to give Tim credit...he's been working so hard and been remarkably patient, expecially since his first choice was painting the room black. I will post pictures once this room is finished. I tried to include a link to the colors, but the BenMoore site is being mean.

Tim is being very kind and letting me put a vanity in that room...my dear friend Carla is giving me a vanity, can you believe that? No, she can't be your best friend, she's mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home