DAUGHTER

Sunday, October 02, 2005

No word from USCIS/INS yet...

Ok, so I am really not coping well. How is it that a family that was fingerprinted on 9/17 has received their approval already (last Tuesday, in fact) and we haven't? Tim reasonably pointed out that we didn't send in our homestudy update until 9/19, but STILL. Our fingerprints are there already. Grrr. I just wrote an email to CAWLI asking them to call the Boston USCIS office and check on the status of our case.

I KNOW in the end, it will all be worth it. I KNOW that once we bring home Isabella, memories of this painful wait will fade. But right now, I do feel like I am in actual physical pain. And people who know me know that I am not a physical pain "wimp".

My days go something like this:

1. Wake Up.

2. Shower. Think of Isabella.

3. Walk Indie and Buca. Think about how walking Indie and Buca will be interesting with a baby.

4. Teach. Notice all the young Asian women in my classes (Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean...I teach at the United Nations of universities, which makes my job interesting). Wonder what my daughter will look like.

5. Prepare 4th year review materials and/or do research. My mind wanders. Think of Isabella. Think about what it will be like to try to work while I'll want to be with Isabella. Think about what kind of mom I'll be, and pray that I'll always remember what's really important.

6. Dinner. Talk to Tim about our family's future. Talk about cribs. Talk about going to the park with her. Talk about finances. Tim talks about how she will become a professional athlete and support her parents.

7. Watch a DVD or TV program or work. Think about how soon (I hope) our evenings will be filled with bathtime and bedtime stories.

8. Try to get to sleep. Think about Isabella, and yeah, 4th year review.

9. Maybe sleep. Dream of a little Chinese girl.

Ugggh. Not good. I wonder if it's the same or different when you are expecting a biological child. Maybe both the same and different.

I am spolied. I am used to getting what I want if I work hard enough. This, not unlike my first marriage and divorce, is different. You have to wait for some process to unfold, for a road to make its path known to you. It was certainly worth it when it came to marriage ... I ended up marrying Tim, who makes sense in my life. He is just so easy to be with. And though he doesn't always say it, he sees the better part of me, whereas I tend to see the worst part of me. Like my lack of patience! So, I have faith it will be worth it again. Sometimes though, I wish the road would be shorter and less bumpy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home