DAUGHTER

Monday, February 27, 2006

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Ok, so I "borrowed" the title of this post from Jack Johnson's song. But that's what we are doing. Apparently referrals are on their way for families with LIDs through May 25th. It's quite funny reading the posts on the Internet groups...some people are angry that things aren't moving faster and others are pleasantly surprised because the CCAA sent a batch at the end of February, which was not expected due to Chinese New Year. The glass "half empty versus half full" thing rears its head once more.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of us that have LIDs in August-November or so haven't been posting much...I think we are all out of things to say.

So, what is going on NOW? (I am trying to do the whole "live in the moment" thing. Not a very natural thing for me.)

Tim has ordered me to mention the late Valentine's Day he bought home for me on Friday...he is very impressed with himself. It's an orchid, which I've wanted for a long time. The cool thing about this orchid is once it blooms, it is supposed to have a vanilla chocolate fragrance. If you know me, you know chocolate is a non-negotiable part of my life. So, kudos to Tim for a very thoughtful gift. Ok, hon?

Tim and I had a nice dinner with friends on Saturday in their home, along with another guest. Funniest incident of the evening...I said "pissed off" during the dinner conversation, and the lady of the house was upset...I guess she doesn't like that phrase too much. She said "Tammy, we don't use those words in our house". I felt like a little kid getting scolded. It was very weird. I was stunned into silence...a rare event for me. Tim and I now have a joke about dropping the "PO" bomb.

Tim and I actually did some household chores this weekend. We cleaned and grocery shopped. Tim paid bills. I did some laundry. We planned our dinner menu, as well as our workout sessions, around this week's American Idol. Don't forget to vote for Taylor!

I made the mutts some homemade ginger cookies yesterday...flour (4 cups regular, 2 cups whole wheat), water, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. I am pretty sure there was as much dough on the floor as ultimately ended up in the cookies. I had a hard time rolling it out properly. Tim had to rescue me.

Uhhh...a rolling pin? What's that? Some kind of primitive weapon?

The cookies do look and smell great...we have bone, schnauzer, and bichon frise cookie cutters. Sadly, I am REALLY tempted to try one and risk the wrath of Indie and Buca.

Tim has nick-named his daughter to be "Smella Bella". And apparently whenever he calls her that, he is going to follow it with "Go see your momma" so that I can have the privilege of changing her diaper. Anyone in the market for a husband? The orchid and Smella Bella are mine to keep though.

I am now reading the novel "Gilead", and Tim is reading one of his fantasy/sci fi novels that all look the same to me.

It's been pretty cold here in MA and the dogs are having a hard time going outside to do their business. I had to pick them both up this morning because their paws hurt so badly, and carry them up our street. Indie is 12 pounds, and Buca is 20 pounds, so I had a bit of insight as to what it will be like to lug a kiddo around.

I thought that by now I would have finished reading my two baby care books, but of course, I haven't. I think part of me is worried that if I read them too early I will forget the important stuff by the time Bella comes home. I do read about attachment issues...but only a bit at a time. I get too scared otherwise. The range of experiences is so large...I just pray that we will have the wisdom to recognize problems if they exist.

On Wednesday I am going to see a hand surgeon. I have a weird boney protrusion on the top of my left hand, about 1" up from the wrist. It is not a ganglian cyst, which was my primary care doc's initial guess...she says it's too hard. My official diagnosis is "wacky bone". I hope I don't have to have it surgically removed, because I like creeping Tim out with it.

Yep, it's a pretty exciting life around here sitting, waiting, wishing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Sounds like you have been pretty busy lately, i hope the wait for you is going by faster than it is for me..im going crazy and sick of all the rumors..urrgg. Ne ways i hope your hand gets better, i had to have surgery back in July to take off a cyst from my wrist, it wasen't that bad!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home