DAUGHTER

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Signs?

Today is the first day of the year we expect to bring our first child home. Wow!

I am not a big believer in "signs". I am not against folks believing in signs; I just don't happen to be a believer in them myself. But since Christmas eve, a number of interesting things have happened.

1. When Tim and I went to mass on Christmas eve, we immediately spotted a Caucasian woman holding a Chinese baby girl. We thought that perhaps she was adopted, but waited until we spotted the dad. He was also Caucasian. Then the beautiful baby was chosen to play Jesus in the nativity scene. Her name is Helen. I didn't pursue the parents after the service, because I wasn't sure if that would be appropriate. But to the best of my ability to guess, Helen was probably adopted from China.

2. I was at a coffee shop recently, and a young woman walked in with three girls. All looked to be under the age of 10. The oldest was Caucasian, and the younger two were Chinese. I smiled at her briefly on my way out and found out that all three grils are her nieces, and she was out spending the day with them. The youngest girl was trying to eat a huge wrap sandwich and said "my mouth is too small". It was hysterical. But again, I said nothing about Tim and I being a waiting family to the young woman.

3. While reading my new photojournalism book, I came across some photos of women that had adopted baby girls from China.

Weird, huh? Pure coincidence? Probably. Lots of folks in this area have adopted from China, and of course, lots of Americans have adopted from China. But I am going to take these events as signs that our daughter will be home by the close of 2006. Because I need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home