DAUGHTER

Thursday, December 22, 2005

I've been cut off!!!

OK, so I have a gripe. My laptop has freaked out on me!!! I had the McAfee Internet Security suite, which was working fine until Tuesday, when I could not log into the Privacy Service. It wouldn't bring up "Administrator" as my username and it wouldn't let me enter my password. I got Error 30. I had no access whatsoever!

After much tedious work, I manually uninstalled the McAfee Privacy Service, the Virus Scan, Anti-Spyware, Spam Killer and Security Center. I had to do this by editing the registry, which was a new one on me. However, McAfee Virus Scan is still listed when I click on Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs.

Now I can get on the Internet, but I cannot type anything into a text box. I still get Error 30! So no logging onto Ebay, no email responses, etc. It's killing me.
I tried downloading Mozilla's browser, and that works, but I have the same problem...no ability to type in text boxes.

Yes, we still have Tim's computer and that's fine, but computers are precious in this house and I want mine back...Tim and I both work at home a lot. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I will resort to calling the Geek Squad if I can't fix this soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home