DAUGHTER

Monday, December 19, 2005

How Lucky Are We?

First, I want to share a gift I received from Carla this weekend:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's a beautiful, beautiful necklace from Red Envelope (one of my favorite catalogs). In case you are very near sighted like me, it has the Chinese characters for mother and daughter on one tag, and the words "Mother and Daughter" engraved on the tag underneath. I have promised myself I won't wear it until we receive our referral..but I love looking at it already!

So, in the past few days, I have been feeling incredibly lucky. And I would even say I am feeling a sense of calm about waiting for Isabella. I see lots of families running around, and kids getting excited for Christmas and I think "next year at this time she'll be with us".

When Carla gave me the necklace, I explained to her how I really go up and down ... sometimes the idea that Tim and I will soon be parents feels very real, and other times, it feels like a far away dream. And she said to me "Well, I see you in that role. I think 'She's going to have Bella' ". This is why Carla and I have been friends for over 20 years.

I have been thinking about our lives and we really are lucky. Tim and I both have secure jobs. Yes, they are sometimes stressful and drive us insane, but we have jobs that neither one of us hates. We shouldn't ever take that for granted. We have a home. Yes, it may need a new furnance, but we have a home we love. Most importantly, we have family and friends, we have the mutts, we have each other. Wow.

Last night was my departmental Christmas party. I saw Tim talking with people, laughing, scarfing down all the mixed nuts, and I realize how crazy in love with him I am, and how much I really love being with him. Wow.

So, I am feeling really blessed, and I hope that you all feel a sense of peace right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa~~ said...

I am playing catch-up, trying to read a couple of weeks worth of posts on all my favorite blogs. The necklace is beautiful, you have a very special friend. Also, mega congrats on getting your LID, very exciting!! Love the ornament, it is very special and I hope that we all have our daughters by Christmas next year!!!.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home