DAUGHTER

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The month of ills.

One of the great "perks" of my job is that I don't have to teach most of January (classes start up again on the 23rd). Normally it's a time to regroup, do some research, have some fun.

This year, my fall semester grading load was brutual...I finished on 12/30-the day grades were due. Since then I've been feeling pretty crappy...very tired, allergies acting up, etc. I actually went to the doctor last week and she's running some bloodwork to make sure all is OK. And then we tinker with my asthma/allergy meds.

On Friday, my back totally seized up. This has happened before...not fun. It usually involves trips to the hospital and heavy duty painkillers (I'm told it's some "muscular issue", which seems to be code for "we can't do anything except drug you"). Luckily, I had some of my old stash left. I take a heating pad to bed (sexy), now have one at work, and I can't walk upright (again, sexy!). I made an emergency massage appt. for tomorrow. I hope they can fix me! Everytime a massage therapist works on my neck, shoulders, and back, I hear "Wow...you poor thing". It makes me feel quite, um, old. Unattractive. Very unsexy. I am not trying to hurt myself! I guess I hold my body in bizarre ways or something. In any case, this incident has reminded me that I need to get my butt back into a Pilates studio where I can feel old and unattractive amongst the willowy ballerina types.

Poor hubby is stuck with dog walking duty and most household chores. He rubs me and says "Wow, you are as hard as a rock". And that's how you know he's rubbing my back, and not my tummy!

All I can say is "owee"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home